Duncan Colour Burst Crystal Chips will make your ceramic art projects explode with an eruption of colour!
Available in a popular array of colours and various sized chips, Colour Burst Crystal Chips can be mixed with any of your favourite glazes or placed where desired when the glaze is wet to create one-of-a-kind pieces that explode with vibrant bursts of colour.
Crystal chips will react differently in the firing process depending on what glaze you pair them with, changing the colour, burst size or amount of flow.
Easy to follow instructions, just watch the video below:
- Place finger underneath the lip of cap and push up slowly to keep the bottle steady and avoid spills.
- Apply 2 coats of any cone 06 glaze to cone 04 bisque. For mid-range projects, apply 2 coats of glaze and bisque fire to cone 04
- Mix Colour Burst Crystal Chips with third coat of glaze and paint on piece with brush OR apply third coat of glaze and while glaze is still wet, sprinkle crystal chips where desired on piece.
- Note: Apply crystals sparsely near bottom of piece to keep crystals from flowing onto kiln shelf.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06. For mid-range projects, dry foot and fire to cone 5-6.
- To create custom looks, apply Crystals in combination with other glazes and other colours.
- Crystals work well to high fire cone 5-6. For high fire application, we recommend firing a test piece because high fire clays vary.