This 8mm thread quartz clock mechanism features a smooth, continuous sweeping motion. Thanks to this design, you won’t be annoyed or distracted by the sound of ticking hands. Instead the hands move around the clock in a smooth gliding motion.
- Silent, continuous sweep clock movement
- Thread Length: 8mm
- Shaft Length: 16mm
- Battery Size: AA (not included)
Each clock movement comes with a metal nut, and metal and rubber washers (as pictured).
Choosing the correct size movement/mechanism
To choose the proper shaft length measure the thickness of your clock face and allow approximately 3mm for the nut, washer and hanger. Choose a thread length that will accommodate the total clearance.
Assembling your clock
- Drill an 8.5 mm hole through the clock face to insert the movement shaft.
- If using a hanger, place this over the raised collar.
- Place the rubber washer onto the shaft.
- Insert shaft through clock face from the back and ensure it is positioned correctly.
- Thread the brass washer onto the shaft, followed by the brass nut. Tighten until finger tight.
- Gently press the hour hand onto the shaft and position at 12 o’clock.
- Then press the minute hand onto the shaft and position at 12 o’clock.
- Press sweep hand gently onto the pin inside the shaft (optional)
- Make sure there is clearance between the hands. You may need to bend the hands slightly to ensure that they do not catch on each other or on any design elements.
PLEASE NOTE CLOCK HANDS (INCLUDING SWEEPS) AND CLOCK HANGERS ARE SOLD SEPARATELY
AA Battery not included
*All Ceramicraft Clock Movements are compatible with Ceramicraft Clock Hands, however we cannot guarantee compatibility with other Clock Hands